- Good luck with your summer running regimen! Try your best, but do not be discouraged if you don’t complete the full workout. The important thing for the summer is to log as many miles as you can and gain some confidence heading into the fall season. If you don’t get to 75 miles – don’t worry! If you blow past 75 miles in the first seven weeks – do more miles!
- Watch high temperatures – try running as much as you can during the morning and evening hours when the temperature is a little cooler.
- Keep a log of your workouts – this will help you stay on track! It always helps to have goals, too.
- Exercise is only half the equation. You need to stay properly hydrated and eat a balanced diet. Watch sugars!
- Feel free to substitute other forms of exercise from time to time in place of running. If you want to bike once or twice rather than run, double the mileage required. If you want to swim, cut the distance to one-fourth of the total.
- STRETCH!!! Be sure you stretch before and after running.
- Keep in mind, on the schedule below Day 1 through Day 4 do not refer to any specific day of the week. You could run Monday (Day 1), Wednesday (Day 2), Friday (Day 3), Saturday (Day 4) as an example.